Dr. Muhammad Rahman
"An MBA degree can give you a holistic understanding about various aspects of business in the 21st century and can help you to become a more effective business leader and policy maker."
- PhD in Economics – Indiana University, 2009
- MSS in Economics – University of Dhaka, 1999
- BSS in Economics – University of Dhaka, 1997
- “Rationality of Survey Based Inflation Expectations: A Study of 18 Emerging Economies’ Inflation Forecasts,” (with Fazlul Miah and Khaled Albinali), Research in International Business and Finance, 36, January 2016
- “Rationality of Survey Based Inflation Expectations for Twenty Emerging Economies” with Fazlul Miah and Khalid Albinali, Proceedings of EMU-SSEM EuroConference 2013: Conference on Business, Economics and Finance, Famagusta, Northern Cyprus, May 11-13, 2013
- Global Faculty Development Fund, Walton College, University of Arkansas, Fall 2016, $1000.00
- Principal Investigator, Junior Faculty Grant, No# JF100005 from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, “Who Bears the Public Debt? Understanding the Distributional Aspect of Government Debt Burden using a Heterogeneous Agent Model,” 01/01/2010- 11/30/ 2010, SR 49,200.00.
- Consultant, National Science, Technology and Innovation Plan (NSTIP) Grant from KACST, “The Transportation Sector of Saudi Arabia: A Survey Based Analysis of Gasoline Consumption Behavior and Model Based Econometric Estimation and Forecast of Fossil Fuel Demand,” with Mohammed Al-Sahlawi, Reza Aghdam, Fazlul Hoque Miah, Ashraf Eid, Khaled Albinali and Omar Titi, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 09/01/2014-09/01/2016, SR 988,847.00.
- Principal Investigator, Fast Track Grant, No# FT100036 from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, “What Determines Specific Schooling Decisions in the USA? A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis,” 10/10/2010 –02/01/2012, SR 42,000.00.
- Consultant, National Science, Technology and Innovation Plan( NSTIP) Grant from KACST, “Estimation and Forecast of Domestic Demand for Gasoline and Natural Gas for Saudi Arabia and other GCC Countries: A Dynamic Panel and Time Series Analysis,” with Mohammed Al-Sahlawi and Omar Titi, Mercer University and King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, SR 998,695.00
Do you teach a specific MBA concentration?
Which classes do you teach online?
Econ 528, MBA511, Econ 530
What do you want your students to learn in these classes? What is the expected outcome?
The students in my class learn about economics and how to apply economic theory in real life.
What is the value of an MBA?
An MBA degree can give you a holistic understanding about various aspects of business in the 21st century and can help you to become a more effective business leader and policy maker.
What advice would you give to those considering the online MBA program?
Be organized. Always stay on top of deadlines. Take this program seriously. Be self-motivated.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in business?
An ability to learn, modify and adjust.
Why did you start teaching?
I am passionate about economics and I want to share my knowledge and enthusiasm with others.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Globalization and its Discontents by Joseph Stigltz
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I used to play as a lead singer in a band. I still sing, but now only to myself.