Learn to lead and successfully navigate within the health care industry with this 100% online MBA in Health Care Administration. Touching on the human, economic and technological aspects of health care, the UL Lafayette MBA in Health Care Administration will give you the skills to positively impact patient and business outcomes while growing your career. A project-based internship is included, based on your previous/current health care experience, and our program includes 21 hours of health care related study.
In this program you will:
- Gain an understanding of health care information systems related to day-to-day administration, financial and clinical operations
- Apply management theories in a health care setting including medical/staff relations, governance and professionalism
- Examine traditional legal and medical relationships in the context of economic and ethical rules of conduct
- Learn about public and private mechanisms for financing the treatment of illness
- Deepen your knowledge of analytics, financial management, marketing and economics
Graduates who complete the MBA in Health Care Administration can seek leadership roles in hospitals, ambulatory care, nursing homes, health maintenance organizations, physicians' offices, home healthcare services, medical clinics and more.
UL Lafayette is proud to participate in the Open Educational Resources initiative, enabling us to eliminate the traditional cost (and hassle) of books for our students. Program tuition includes all course materials and we are committed to using e-books, journal articles, business case reviews and other resources wherever possible. For students this not only means full visibility into the true price of your degree – it also means access to the most up-to-date and diverse content.