Dr. Gail Poirrier, DNS, RNS
Dean - College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions
Dr. Gail Poirrier serves as the Dean of the College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions. She has been its guiding force for more than 30 years, having begun her career with UL in 1985. Under Dr. Poirrier's guidance, the college received a designation of Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for Ongoing Faculty Development in the BSN Program by the National League for Nursing. Dr. Poirrier continues to serve as a professor and nurse practitioner advocate.
- D.N.S. – Louisiana State University Medical Center
- M.N. – Louisiana State University Medical Center
- B.S.N. – University of Southwestern Louisiana
- Current Chair of UL Lafayette's Council of Deans (for over 10 years) and current Chair of the Louisiana Council of Administrators of Nursing Education (LACANE)
- Recipient of the 2008 "State Award for Excellence — Nurse Practitioner Advocate" from the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Generated over $5.3 million in external revenue since 2004 for UL Lafayette nursing through economic development initiatives via the Louisiana Department of Labor's Incumbent Worker Grants and establishing innovative community/academic partnerships.